Sports Mouthguards Leichhardt
Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Wearing a sports mouthguard during activities can help decrease the risk of sports-related injuries.
Mouthguards are dental appliances worn when playing contact sports and engaging with leisure activities to protect the teeth and the soft tissues in the mouth.
This protective appliance receives the impact and cushions the blow in case of an accident.
Custom-made mouthguards are the top-of-the-line types of mouthguard. They are designed and made only for their wearer.
Your Leichhardt dentist makes impressions of your teeth using a mould, and a mouthguard is then created from that.
A custom-made mouthguard is more expensive than other options, but it provides the most comfort and protection.
Most mouthguards cover the upper teeth, but in some cases, depending on other protective gear, your dental condition, and the sports you play, your Leichhardt dentist will recommend a mouthguard for lower teeth as well.
At-home Care for Sports Mouthguards
Follow these steps in caring for your sports mouthguard:
- Wash your mouthguard with running cold water or with a mouthrinse before and after using.
- Put the mouthguard in a firm, perforated container for storage and transportation. This allows air to circulate and protects the mouthguard from damaging.
- Protect the mouthguard from extreme temperatures to prevent deforming.
- Check the mouthguard for wear. If you find holes or tears in it or if it loosens or causes pain, have it replaced right away.
- Bring your mouthguard to each of your routine dental visits to have your Leichhardt dentist examine it.
For adults, mouthguards can last for several years, depending on the frequency of use. If major changes happen to the teeth, like large restorations or tooth loss, the mouthguard may not fit as well as how it has used to be and may need to be replaced. If the mouthguard has been bitten during use, it should also be replaced.
For children, if they experience changes to their mouth while growing, the loss of baby teeth, or the eruption of the permanent teeth, then their mouthguard may need to be changed
Sports Mouthguards in Leichhardt
Protect your teeth while having fun! At Leichhardt Marketplace Dental, we provide protective sports mouthguards to keep your smile safe from sports-related dental injuries.
Request an appointment with your dentist in Leichhardt today.
We are located at Shop 48, Leichhardt Marketplace Shopping Centre, 122-138 Flood Street in Leichhardt.